WHAT WE DO
JONES WARD is a national class action and mass torts law firm based in Louisville, Kentucky. We represent clients in nearly every part of the United States.
Stated simply, we sue big companies who hurt people and take advantage of consumers.
We regularly pursue pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, banks, automotive manufacturers, and equipment manufacturers.
We hold them accountable for putting defective products on the market and for harmful, deceptive consumer practices that injure your family members and ours.
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
JONES WARD’s attorneys have recovered many millions of dollars for their clients. But our main focus is changing the conduct of companies that hurt people like you.
We pride ourselves on our ability to effectuate a change in the conduct of those who we sue. Because of our efforts, some companies have changed the way they do business. Large manufacturers have changed their deceptive business practices as a direct result of our cases. Those who don’t change will continue to be the subject of our lawsuits. We regularly litigate against some of the biggest companies in the world, including Bayer, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, General Electric, CSX, Volkswagen, Walgreens, AT&T, BP, 3M, and many more.
JONES WARD’s attorneys have also successfully pursued wage and hour or overtime violations against employers. If a huge corporation implements a policy that robs its employees of monies rightfully due to them, we step in and get that money back. Again, because of our collective efforts, we’ve seen that the companies we pursue ultimately change their conduct.
WHERE WE DO IT
JONES WARD’s attorneys personally litigate cases across the country and have been chosen by their peers and appointed by Courts to serve in leadership roles on numerous mass tort and class action cases. We also routinely bring individual cases to jury trials, and we have obtained multiple verdicts in excess of $1 million on behalf of plaintiffs in state and federal court.
JONES WARD’s attorneys represent thousands of clients across the country in products liability, class action and Multidistrict Litigation cases. We are lead counsel in products liability, mass tort and class action cases in more than a dozen states involving a wide range of legal issues such as Sherman Act violations, environmental contamination, state and federal wage and hour violations, computer security breaches, medical device tort preemption, fraud, and state consumer protection laws. Here are just a few of the cases where we are playing a leading role on behalf of injured consumers.
- In re: Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2775.
- In re: Mirena IUD Levonorgestrel-Related Products Liability Action, MDL 2767.
- In Re: Daily Fantasy Sports Litigation, MDL 2677 (lead counsel)
- In re: Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2391 (plaintiff steering committee)
- In re: Stryker Rejuvenate and ABGII Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2441
- Essure Birth Control Product Cases, JCCP 4887.
- In Re: Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2657.
- In Re: Taxotere (Docetaxel) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2740.
- In Re: Johnson & Johnson “Baby Powder” and “Shower to Shower” Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2738.
- Risperdal and Invega Products Liability Cases, JCCP 4775.
- In re: DePuy Orthopaedics ASR Hip Implant Litigation MDL 2197.
- In re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2545.
- In re: Yasmin and Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation MDL No. 2100.
- In re: Boston Scientific Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2326.
- In re: Zimmer Durom Hip Cup Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2158.
- In re: DePuy Orthopaedics Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2244.
- In re: Prempro Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1507.
- In re: Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2592.
- In re: Chantix (Varenicline) Products Liability Litigation MDL 2092
- In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon,” MDL 2179.
- In Re: Boston Scientific Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2326
- In re: Higher One OneAccount Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL 2407
- In Re: Target Corporation Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL 2522
- In Re: Cook Medical IVC Filters Marketing, Sales Practices and Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2570.
- In Re: Abilify (Aripiprazole) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2734.
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Cases, JCCP 4872.
- Wright Hip System Cases, JCCP 4710.
JONES WARD’s attorneys frequently take cases that other attorneys turn down, either because they are too complex or because of legal hurdles that other law firms want to avoid.
We have taken the lead on Smith & Nephew defective hip litigation, Mirena IUD birth control litigation, and a class action lawsuit against Valve Corp., on behalf of thousands of teenagers who have lost money in an online gambling scam.
We recently concluded more than 150 cases involving the drug Reglan/MCP that are pending in Missouri, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
We have been involved in everything from document review and discovery to depositions, class certification and dispositive briefing and 8-figure settlement negotiations on numerous MDLs in the past 5 years, including MDL No. 2197 (DePuy ASR), MDL No. 2100 (Digitek), MDL No. 2100 (Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella), MDL 1946 (Total Body Formula), MDL No. 2151 (Toyota) and MDL 1836 (Mirapex).